A compact, domestic, office or café grinder for use with fine to coarse brew methods. Its small footprint means a space can be found for this powerful grinder on any countertop. The grinder also comes with Bluetooth capabilities designed to monitor, log and track grind sessions, weights and settings.
- Brand: Baratza
- Blade type: conical burr
- Blade size: 40mm
- Grind range: fine (espresso) to coarse (French Press)
- Grind settings: 30-stepped macro adjustment or stepless adjustment with 9 indicators for the perfect espresso
- Grind by: front mounted panel with backlit LED display
- Hopper capacity: 300-400g
- Grounds bin capacity: 160g
- Three programmable buttons
- Built in scale with ultra-fast 20ms response time and a 10th of a gram sensitivity
- Dimensions: H: 138 x W: 130 x D: 240mm
The brand new 270Wi learns from the 270W and goes further to make your coffee grinding even more accurate.
Using scale manufacturer Acaia technology that process is a lot quicker than previous.
The key features of the Acai driven 270Wi are:
1. The Wi processor contains a smoothing algorithm that helps the grinder focus on the important information: ground coffee falling into your portafilter. This smoothing algorithm allows the grinder to better ignore irrelevant spikes in load cell information. For example, bumping into the countertop can create a vibration which the Wi ignores.
2. The Wi is intelligent. For example if the grinder’s target weight is 20g but only 19.6g are produced, the Wi will self-adjust. On the next grind, it will stop the motor just a little later. This might result in a slight overdose, but not to worry, the Wi keeps learning and within a few grinds will self-adjust so that it repeatedly doses within a few tenths of a gram!
This means awesome accuracy.
3. Improved user interface
- Burst Mode: A common frustrating experience on the 270W is under-dosing. If a 270W stops short of its target dose, the user is unable to “top off” the grind without zeroing out weight readings. If the Wi stops early, but within 5g of the target, it will enter Burst Mode. When in this mode, each press of the START button runs the motor for 0.1 seconds. This function can be used indefinitely until the portafilter is removed or the STOP button is pressed. Burst Mode allows the home barista to grind more coffee incrementally, ‘topping off’ from 16-19.8g up to 20g.
- Under-dosing: If the Wi stops early and is more than 5g from the target, it will switch to Pause Mode. From here, simply pressing START again will continue grinding towards the target weight.
See the Manual here.